My family was living in a run-down version of a house I grew up in. My son didn’t get to live in the house, instead, he lived in a large water pipe, next to the garage, that was in a small pond. For his birthday Val, a friend of the family, made him a device that projected a holographic dragon whenever anybody came close to the entrance. At his option, the dragon could breathe out a fire that included real sparks (yes even underwater – it’s a dream it doesn’t have to make sense) in a billowing cloud.
I decided that we were moving and was attempting to remove the device so it could be put in his room in whichever house we finally picked. It was complicated and cool and I screwed up and it breathed sparks on me. Wake Up!